Automation

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Apstra, Paragon, and all things network automation.
  • 1.  disable multiple interfaces at the same time ?

Posted 07-03-2013 14:32

Evening All 

I have used the Cisco interface range command on many occasions to disable  a large number of switching ports when the device is originally deployed.

I don't want to use apply-groups or the juniper interface-range command set as there changes are permanent and to be honest  it would confuse the Tier-1 staff , aka inherited config is hidden by default and therefore will likely get missed.

I am after a elegant method or script to disable the interfaces as a once off  , any suggestion welcomed as I am deploying   60 switches and would like a standard approach  across the network.

Thanks 

Ian

• 2.  RE: disable multiple interfaces at the same time ?

Posted 07-08-2013 05:36

I assume there is no b uilt in way in Junos to achieve this , can someone kindly provide me with a high level way when creating your own script and  ill attempt create this feature.

• 3.  RE: disable multiple interfaces at the same time ?

Posted 07-09-2013 07:19

I understand your point on inheritance potentially confusing Tier 1 staff, as this was a stumbling point for me when I started working with clients who used inheritance extensively.

Why don't you want to use the wildcard statement with the range option? 

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1/topics/example/junos-cli-wildcard-range-configuring.html