Junos Automation (Scripting)
Highlighted

looking for a way to get email alert when specific port goes down

‎01-13-2017 05:58 AM

Experts,

I have to addmit I am new to Juniper and my roads just begins with this excelent environment. I believe this is right place since I am looking for a quick way to get a solution for being notified if specific port goes down. 

The switch is EX 3300 and 4300 models. Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: looking for a way to get email alert when specific port goes down

‎01-14-2017 12:01 PM

Hi,

With the right version of Junos (12.2 or higher I think) would have thought that this was possible.  A SLAX event script can be triggered on conditions such as an interface going down.

The SLAX script would need to leverage the libcurl extension functionality (http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos/topics/reference/general/junos-script-automation-libslax...) which would provide the capability to send email via an SMTP server.

Regards,

Andy

Highlighted

‎01-31-2017 08:33 AM

Thank You Andy, I will be digging into all info. For the begginer would be a bit of challange but not a problem.

Thank You for sharing info -Adam

Highlighted

‎03-21-2017 06:05 AM

Were you able to get the script to work.

I tried on both EX2300 EX2200 and SRX, the email gets sent, and the subject works, but there are no data in the body of the email.

JNCIA-Junos
Highlighted

‎03-21-2017 06:18 AM

I gave up on the scripting. But I tried SNMP with Kiwi, or even PRTG and works like charm, I see what I want to see and have email alerts without spending hours on figuring out the script portion. 

Highlighted

‎03-21-2017 06:26 AM

Please post your version of the script, and the software versions running on your devices, and I'll have a look.

Regards,

Andy

Feedback