Junos Space Developer
Junos Space Developer

Examples for using Ansible or REST with Space

‎12-19-2019 07:40 AM

I've used REST and Ansible to access information on other device types (Infoblox/F5) both have their differences.

I'm looking to use Ansible (failing that REST) to collect information from Space.

The REST examples I've found so far assume a connection has already been made and reference instance ids.

While I've seen Ansible SRX scripts I've not found anything for Ansible Space.

Is there a cook book of scripts (REST or Ansible) that provide how the initial connection is setup and some basic 'show me' commands?  IE show me all the devices, show me all the policies for device XYZ...

Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Junos Space Developer

Re: Examples for using Ansible or REST with Space

a month ago

Hi Paul,

Quite honestly I am not very familiar with the usage of REST, but I can point you to a nice cookbook for Ansible with JunOS. Please find a copy for yourself here:

https://www.nlogic.no/juniper-networks/bibliotek/Day%20One%20Automating%20Junos%20with%20Ansible/_/a...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accept as Solution = cool ! (Help fellow community members with similar query be redirected here instead of them reposting again)
Accept as Solution+Kudo = You are a Star !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Nex