Junos Space Developer
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

Getting 'This account is Locked. You can't Log in.' from mainui

‎10-30-2012 12:23 AM

As of today I started receiving the message, 'This account is Locked. You can't Log in.' when trying to log into

the mainui web page of Junos Space with the 'super' account.   The password entered is correct. 

This is a development instance.  How can I unlock the account?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

Re: Getting 'This account is Locked. You can't Log in.' from mainui

‎10-30-2012 02:28 AM
Hi, This is what you can try if you got locked out due to exceeding the max number of login attempts from an IP address. You can login from another IP address and use the GUI to re-enable the user. (Go to Platform > Manage Users; right-click on the user and choose "Enable Locked out User"). Or you can login to the console and try the following mysql> select * from USER_IP_ADDRESS; mysql> update USER_IP_ADDRESS set isLocked=0; To unlock the account itself In JunosSpace CLI: You can change the password in mysql or you can remove the lock if you remember the password. #mysql > use build_db; >select * from USER where name = 'super'; <- this will show all the details of the super user. The isLocked field will be set to 1 To unlock the user (assuming you know the password and just fat fingered it a few times) > update USER set isLocked = 0 where name = 'super'; >quit To reset password, you will have to have a password hash. The link to the KB is here: http://kb.juniper.net/KB17582 Regards, Yesh
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer
Solution
Accepted by topic author JV_MTB
‎08-26-2015 01:27 AM

‎10-30-2012 07:21 PM

I was able to unlock the account using the 'update' approach in mysql that you provided.  Thank you.

As mentioned previously this problem was not caused by a forgotten password (I am able to log in just fine using the console (mainui) with the password).  I was able to determine that it is being caused when I try to deploy my Junos Space application via the Eclipse plugin.  When I deploy, the progress bar proceeds thru all the phases of build/deploy and at 'Installing Image' it fails with an error of:

'Error installing image: status 401'

Not a very helpful error message.

However if I look at the user account in mysql I see that the 'failureCount' column has been increased by 1.

This is why the account keeps locking up.   I had previously been able to deploy just fine, but 2 days ago the Junos Space mainui console forced me to change my password.  After doing this I can no longer deploy.  It would seem that the deployment process is using old credentials when trying to deploy and hence is failing and also updating the failureCount at the same time.

So the question is, where have the old credentials (used by the build process of the eclipse plugin) been stored and how do I update them?  I think it would also be nice if when a password is changed in Junos Space that the deploy process would use the new password.  Also that when it fails we get a better error message than 'status 401'.

Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎10-30-2012 11:25 PM
Hi, There has been enhancements in some security features in Junos Space 12.1 and that is the reason you had to change your password. You have to change the password in Eclipse plugin. Go to File->Junos Space ->Manage Multiple JSVAs and select your JSVA and change the super user password. Regards Yesh
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎04-30-2013 05:11 AM

Hi,

How can i unlock my 'super' account in Junos Space Virtual device? As per your previous reply, it can be reset by  using update sql, but how i can get mysql prompt using attached screen?

Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎05-01-2013 03:55 PM
Hi,

I cannot find the attachment. Can you re-send?

See http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17582 for step by step procedure.

Regards
Yesh
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎05-17-2013 04:11 AM
Hi,

I'm using 12.2, but the password recovery doesn't work.
Thanks!

Michael
JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-ENT/SEC, JNCIP-ENT
(CCNA, ACMP, ACFE, CISE)
"http://www.thechampioncommunity.com/"
CONNECT EVERYTHING. EMPOWER EVERYONE.
Share & Learn. Knowledge is Power.

"If there's a will, there's a way!"
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎05-19-2013 04:44 PM
What DB table did you use?
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎05-19-2013 06:21 PM
build_db...
Thanks!

Michael
JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-ENT/SEC, JNCIP-ENT
(CCNA, ACMP, ACFE, CISE)
"http://www.thechampioncommunity.com/"
CONNECT EVERYTHING. EMPOWER EVERYONE.
Share & Learn. Knowledge is Power.

"If there's a will, there's a way!"
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎05-19-2013 07:20 PM
Sorry my bad. I should have asked the table name. Can you try the following?

USER_IP_ADDRESS
mysql> select * from USER_IP_ADDRESS;
+--------+--------------+---------------------+--------------+----------+---------+
| id | ipAddress | ipLockedTime | failureCount | isLocked | user_id |
+--------+--------------+---------------------+--------------+----------+---------+
| 262199 | 172.23.4.129 | 2013-01-29 00:09:53 | 3 | 0 | 66056 |

Try to see if isLocked is set and unset it.

Thanks
Yesh
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎08-08-2013 11:43 AM

Tks, yo can solved my issue!! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎06-10-2015 12:02 PM

the command to reset is all locked ip addresses is:

update USER_IP_ADDRESS set isLocked="0";

to do a specific ip address (in this example the locked ip is 10.10.10.1):

update USER_IP_ADDRESS set isLocked="0" where ipAddress="10.10.10.1";

Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

‎06-17-2015 02:25 PM

Use the link http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17582

but for step for do:

update USER set lockOutStatus="No" where name="super";

this will unlock the super acct or just change the (where name) to the user you want to unlock.  It's Junos SPACE it doesn't lock ip's it locks users where NSM locks ip's.