Junos Space Developer
Junos Space Developer

Integrated log collectro scripts

‎03-13-2019 03:44 AM

Hi Expert,

I face some problem in the configuration of the integrated log collector using script, I am inside the JA2500 as root, and in the debug shell if I issue the command jnpr-configure-node and also the others (jnpr-configure-ntp ecc..) I got the result "command not found".

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Junos Space Developer

Re: Integrated log collectro scripts

‎03-13-2019 04:02 AM
Hello ,

Those commands are for Standalone Log Collector node.
In JA2500 you need to login with space server cli credentials which is the admin user credentials.
Space only allow login with username admin which you must have set during space deployment.

Now coming to Integrated log collector installation, you need to run the integrated log collector script in the JA2500 space server cli.

Please refer - https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-space18.1/topics/task/multi-task/junos-space-sd-lo...
Installing Integrated Log Collector on a JA2500 Appliance or Junos Space Virtual Appliance

This will help you with the steps.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Regards
-Animesh
If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can be benefited.
Junos Space Developer

‎03-13-2019 04:06 AM

This is exactly what I did...I run the scripts (jnpr-) in the Space Shell (logging as admin..) but the commands are not found.

Maybe the scripts are not working for the integrated installation?

Junos Space Developer

‎03-13-2019 04:09 AM
Yes you are right those scripts are for standalone Log collector VM/JA2500 deployments.

It will not work in integrated LC setup.

Regards
-Animesh
If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can be benefited.
Junos Space Developer

‎03-13-2019 04:12 AM
Hello,

By default integrated log collector will be executed and it will take the eth0 interface of space as the collector interface and then it will take space ntp settings and other settings as default. You do not need to run those configuration commands on an integrated LC setup.

Regards
-Animesh
Junos Space Developer

‎03-13-2019 04:24 AM

Perfect,

you confirm my idea. :-)

Thanks a lot guys!

Junos Space Developer

‎03-13-2019 04:29 AM
No problem. Good day..

Regards
-Animesh
Junos Space Developer

[ Edited ]
‎03-31-2019 11:48 AM

Hey @Blackjack77 ! If you feel @manimesh 's posts answered your question, feel free to select "Accept as Solution"

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 11.46.35 AM.png

Jeremiah
J-Net Community Manager