Junos Space Developer
Junos Space Developer

Junos Space: fail to upgrade to 19.3

‎10-08-2019 07:56 AM

Bonjour all, 

Planning to upgrade Network Director to 3.8 required Junos Space upgrade to 19.3 . OK, fine ...

Junos Space 19.1 on a VM was working OK. 3 attempts to upgrade to 19.3 ended in the same result: application run, but error messages are generated when trying to see Job Management, and any attempt to create job, either directly from JS or from ND result in error messages. Basically, I can't get any job done. But most of the rest seems to work.

Stepping from 19.1 to 19.2 and then 19.3 had the same result. 

Any suggestions ? 

I have a Service request open. already. 

thanks, 

Michel

10 REPLIES 10
Junos Space Developer

Re: Junos Space: fail to upgrade to 19.3

‎10-08-2019 08:05 AM
Hi,

Will request you to validate the checksum of the upgrade file you have used. Also if the platform upgrade and ND app upgraded completed successfully then this can be a separate issue.

As you have the service request open, please ask the TAC to validate the RPM upgrade and package installation in the install.log

Juniper Business Use Only
Regards
-Animesh
If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can be benefited.
Junos Space Developer

‎10-08-2019 08:10 AM
Hi,

Also can you check if you are facing the same issue if you just upgrade to 19.2 NMP and ND 3.7R1

Juniper Business Use Only
Regards
-Animesh
If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can be benefited.
Junos Space Developer

‎10-08-2019 11:18 AM

@manimesh wrote:
Hi,

Also can you check if you are facing the same issue if you just upgrade to 19.2 NMP and ND 3.7R1

no issue on 19.1 to 19.2

Junos Space Developer

‎10-08-2019 10:26 PM

Hi, If the issue is not seen in NMP 19.2 and ND-3.7R1, please ensure the following -

1. checksum of the upgrade file of NMP 19.3 and ND-3.8R1

2. Request you to validate the logs - nma.log and install.log to check the upgrade was completed successfully or not.

For the time, I will suggest you to stay at NMP 19.2 and ND-3.7R1 as the recommended version are always (n-1).

Regards
-Animesh
Junos Space Developer

‎10-09-2019 11:00 AM

no  checksum problem. 

Junos Space Developer

‎10-11-2019 12:26 AM

Hi @

I checked to upgrade from 19.2 NMP+ND to 19.3 NMP+ND and all job (Resync with network/ ND Deployment) is working fine.

It would be better to check with JTAC.

-PL

Junos Space Developer

‎10-11-2019 02:10 AM
Hi,

Possible issue can be with upgrade at your end. If there 19.2 NMP and 3.7ND works for you then it can be used as a temporary solution.
Mean while you can ask JTAC to check in lab with your Database to narrow down the issue.
Regards
-Animesh
Junos Space Developer

‎10-15-2019 04:32 AM

Hi PML, 

Service Request was opened last week. Our next step is to go back to19.1 since the actual state of Junos Space refuse to get anything done except basic fonctions. I'll keep the forum posted on what they find.

Michel

Junos Space Developer

‎10-17-2019 06:58 AM

Plan with JTAC is for me to send them my 19.2 database backup, they will upgrade it in their lab and send me the new backup for restore. Make senses and worth a try. keeps you posted !.

Michel

Junos Space Developer

a month ago

@LapointeMichel wrote:

Plan with JTAC is for me to send them my 19.2 database backup, they will upgrade it in their lab and send me the new backup for restore. Make senses and worth a try. keeps you posted !.

Michel

well, we finally gave up on the plan and will re-install from scratch ...

Michel