Junos Space Developer
Junos Space Developer

Question about JA2500 with integrated log collector in a fabric

‎03-08-2019 12:27 AM

Hello Experts,

I was not able to find the answer to this question....If I have a JA2500 Space Node with integrated log collector, and I create a fabric adding another JA2500 space node, will the collector be in high availability as well?

Thank you in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Junos Space Developer

Re: Question about JA2500 with integrated log collector in a fabric

‎03-08-2019 12:39 AM
Hello ,

The integrated Log collector is deployed on the same space server and uses the node management interface eth0 for log collection.
If you have a JA2500 fabric space server with integrated LC deployed on the current primary, post failover to secondary node you will require to manually re-run the integrated log collector script on the other node.
You will also have to specify the eth0 IP address of both the JA2500 space nodes into your device to send logs.
So which ever be the Primary Server the integrated LC of that server will be active.

The integrated LC deployed on the current primary JA2500 will not fail over to the other node as a part of HA availability.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Regards
-Animesh
If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can be benefited.
Junos Space Developer

‎03-08-2019 01:29 AM

Thank you manimesh for your explanation.

So, if I run the log collector script in both Space nodes before adding them in a cluster, and I configure the srx to send logs to both Eth0 IP addresses of the JA2500, after the fabric is created, the security director will always use the collector of the primary node automatically without doing any manual operation? Or I can run the script only in the primary and after the failover I have always to

run the script in the secondary?

Thant means...the log collector script can be running only in one node at the same time?

Junos Space Developer

‎03-08-2019 01:37 AM
High availability of Juniper Log collector is not possible so it will run only on Primary node.
If primary node gets faulty then you may run Integrated script on other node and start using it.

-PL
Junos Space Developer

‎03-08-2019 01:39 AM
Hello Blackjack77,

The log collector will run on only one server at a time if it's an Integrated LC setup.
Once after fail over you will have to manually run the script to install the log collector.

The configuration suggestion on your security devices- you can configure your devices with the eth0 IP address of both the nodes. But yea, you will have to run the script manually after the fail over on the space nodes.

Regards
-Animesh
If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can be benefited.
Junos Space Developer

‎03-08-2019 02:13 AM

Thank you guys...you were very clear!

I also suppose that if you have to manual trigger the script after the failover, you start to collect the log on the new primary at that time, so all the log history will be lost isn't it?

This is my last question... I promise ;-)

Junos Space Developer

‎03-08-2019 02:23 AM
Hello BlackJack77,

Yes you are right with your assumption.
Integrated Log collector will run only on the primary.
So previous logs will not be seen post re running the script on the other node post fail over.

No issues. I am glad to assist you. If you have any further queries please feel free to share.

Good day..

Regards
-Animesh
Junos Space Developer

‎03-08-2019 02:31 AM

Thanks a lot guys,

very clear and fast with your replies.

Have a great day!

Junos Space Developer

‎03-08-2019 02:39 AM
Thank you to you as well.
We were glad to help you with your queries.

Good Day and a great weekend to you as well. 😊

Regards
-Animesh
Junos Space Developer

‎03-31-2019 11:59 AM

Hey @Blackjack77 , it's me again Smiley Happy ... If you feel @manimesh or @PML 's posts answered your question, feel free to select "Accept as Solution"

Jeremiah
J-Net Community Manager