Junos Space Developer
Junos Space Developer

Questions for Junos space installation/deployment

[ Edited ]
‎04-24-2014 01:19 AM

Hi,  Expert

From the Junos space installation guide from Juniper,  there are two ways to deploy Junos Space to VMWare ESX server, one is OVF tool, the other is VMware vCenter Converter, but both will have it’s own VM. My question is that is there any way we can install Junos space to an exsiting VM?

4 REPLIES 4
Junos Space Developer
Solution
Accepted by topic author Henry Zou
‎08-26-2015 01:27 AM

Re: Questions for Junos space installation/deployment

‎04-24-2014 03:39 AM

Hi Henry,

It cannot be installed on an existing VM. It is not installable piece of software in that sense. It is a virtual appliance that can be deployed as a VM on hypervisors.

Thanks,

Roshan

Junos Space Developer

‎04-24-2014 08:11 PM

Hi Roshan, thanks for your clarification, it does make sense.Smiley Happy

Junos Space Developer

‎06-19-2014 09:55 AM

Hi Henry,

Were you able to install the log collector? When powering on the server it asked to change the network settings and let me on the centos prompt. I've no idea of what to do after it. 

Thanks,

Jorge

Junos Space Developer

‎09-07-2015 06:38 AM

Hello,

According to:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-space14.1/topics/task/installation/junos-space-vir...

The ESX or ESXi host server must include a Standard or Enterprise edition license, which may not be installed on the host server by default.

What features from VMWare Standard/Enterpise Junos Space VM needs?

We would like to run it on free VMWare hypervisor.. Has anyone tried that? What about MS Hyper-V? Has anyone tried to migrate?

Good luck,

Linas