Junos Space Developer
Junos Space Developer

Report filter negative match criteria in Network Management Platform

‎06-24-2015 04:17 AM

Hi there

I'm trialling Junosspace Virtual Appliance for my company. I'm currently playing with generating reports, and thought it would be a good idea to match devices that do not have a certain firmware version so I can build a list of devices requiring a firmware upgrade. Is there any way I can use regular expresions or make a negative match on filter fields to achieve this? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards

John Graham

4 REPLIES 4
Junos Space Developer

Re: Report filter negative match criteria in Network Management Platform

‎06-25-2015 05:59 AM

Hi,

I don't believe that it is possible to create more advanced filters associated with the reports out of Junos Space as they are currently implemented.

Possible options that come to mind that could be performed are:

1. A custom SLAX script that can be executed from within Junos Space, this could present the data in a format required, and could also go about performing regular expressions etc.  The script could leverage the Junos Space API as well to collect and parse data.  This is an approach that I've looked at in the past and is certainly possible.

2.  Use of the Junos Snapshot Administrator.  This is more of an off-box or on-box solution, although probably better implemented as an off-box solution.  This could also be used to check the version of code running on the equipment, and then produce a report of sorts that would highlight those devices that are in need of an upgrade/downgrade etc.

Let me know if any of this is of interest, and I'll see what I can dig out for you that might be of help.

Regards,

Andy

Junos Space Developer

‎06-29-2015 09:05 AM

Hi Andy

Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at creating a SLAX script that may serve my needs. I'll let you know if I need anything else.

Kind Regards

John

Junos Space Developer

‎06-29-2015 10:21 AM

Sure, although to be honest the easiest method is probably just to do a physical inventory report from Space and save the file as a CSV and the do the manipulation of the data inside Excel.

But if you do want to go the SLAX route, you can have a slax script execute locally inside Junos Space by adding the annotation

/* @ISLOCAL = "true" */

Inside the script, and Junos Space will interpret this to mean that the script should be executed locally within Junos Space rather than requiring it to be deployed against devices etc.

One of the other nice features with this approach is that the script can also make API calls to Junos Space using the libCURL extension which opens up the script options within Space quite considerably.

Shout if you need any assistance.

Regards,

Andy

Junos Space Developer

‎07-02-2015 06:49 AM

Yeah I realised this morning I could export the physical inventory to a csv file and extract the same information that way.