Junos Space Developer
Junos Space Developer

Security Director API

‎02-13-2016 01:48 AM

Hi,

I have been using the RestAPI to query the Security Director API, specificlly the fwpolicy-management part.

However I have a few questions, some related to Space itself.

• It there any way to speed up the process? Every request needs to authorize and authenticate and that is slow to do that for every request (let's say you are parsing 100 FW rules including all their objects (SourceZone etc..)
  • It would be helpful to do the login process once and afterwards use a session hash/token etc to consume the service

• In SD, is there a way to use other search criteras instead of the "filter" one. Let's say i want to list only rules that belongs to a specific destionation Zone, but the filter will list everything with wildcard.

There are no documentation available, to my knowledge for Security Director apart from a short PDF guide that does not specify the options I have during a POST/GET request. The Juniper API reference pages does not include Security Director. Nor have I found any referene code to look at, only a small phyton library.

4 REPLIES 4
Junos Space Developer

Re: Security Director API

[ Edited ]
‎02-13-2016 06:19 AM

Dear E_AndersJohansson,

"There are no documentation available, to my knowledge for Security Director apart from a short PDF guide that does not specify the options I have during a POST/GET request."

I think this is what you are looking for, right ?

Junos ® Space Security Director Restful Web Services API Reference

I think the section you are looking for is on page 31 ( Firewall Policy Management RESTful Web Services )

Thanks,
Hisham

Please accept my comment as a solution, if it helped in resolving your issue, to help guide other commentators and encourage others.
Junos Space Developer

‎02-13-2016 07:07 AM

"

• It there any way to speed up the process? Every request needs to authorize and authenticate and that is slow to do that for every request (let's say you are parsing 100 FW rules including all their objects (SourceZone etc..)

"

"

Nor have I found any referene code to look at, only a small phyton library.

"

This post has some good reference code examples and its first one shows how you can authenticate yourself and use your encoded credentials for repeated authentication.

http://rickmur.com/using-the-junos-space-rest-api/

Thanks,
Hisham

Please accept my comment as a solution, if it helped in resolving your issue, to help guide other commentators and encourage others.
Junos Space Developer

‎02-14-2016 08:05 AM

Hi,

I have seen this and it does not give any examples on how to use the functionality I was requesting. This is also the only page available, and it's three years old.

Junos Space Developer

‎08-16-2019 06:59 AM

Hi,

We are working on the juniper object and policy cleanup. So we wish to use the API to import the objects from Juniper SPACE director and feed it to QIP to identify deprecated hosts/objects. I was wondering where can i get the API for space director? Also the things that can be accomplished and whether using the API to query Junos security director can cause any issues.