Junos Space Developer
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

log director values?

[ Edited ]
‎08-02-2017 07:52 AM

Hi

I'm new to SPACE and testing demo in VM now. I noticed log director price might be the most expensive one and it's licensed per EPS.  The space demo has all features enabled for 60 days, I cannot tell what it looks like if missing log director feature. No much clue I can find from SD user guide.

"Log Director is a plugin on the Junos Space Network Management Platform, which is used for system log data collection for SRX Series devices running Junos OS."

Need advice on log director values.

Does it come with 500 EPS for free?

Do I have to buy this license to enable Log Collector for event viewing? 

Is this license required for canned report like "Top Source users"?

Appreciated

Fraser

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer
Solution
Accepted by topic author fraserchen
‎08-02-2017 01:19 PM

Re: log director values?

[ Edited ]
‎08-02-2017 08:28 AM

Hi Fraser,

to handle reporting and event search in Security Director, yoy need to either integrate log collector into the Space VM or install a Log Collector VM where all logging in done towards. Management and search for logs/reports will still be handled via the SD WebUI.

Log Collector can be found under downloads for Security Director: https://www.juniper.net/support/downloads/?p=spacesecdir#sw

The Log Collector VM itself does not require a license and you can install multiple if needed for larger scale (1 VM's handles roughly 3000 EPS as far as I remember).

When buying SD for Space, you will get 500 EPS included in this license. If you need more, you will need to buy JS-LOGDIR licenses on top. They can be stacked so no need to go to a higher tier than needed.

I hope this clarifies things a bit - otherwise reach out to your preferred Juniper partner who should be able to help you :-)

-- 

Best regards,

Jonas Hauge

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Juniper Ambassador & Technology Architect, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)
Highlighted
Junos Space Developer

Re: log director values?

‎08-02-2017 01:20 PM

"When buying SD for Space, you will get 500 EPS included in this license. If you need more, you will need to buy JS-LOGDIR licenses on top. They can be stacked so no need to go to a higher tier than needed."  -  best answer !  Thanks