Junos
Highlighted
Junos

ACX2100 - JunOS dropping all network packets after upgrade to version 20

[ Edited ]
‎05-01-2020 10:42 AM

Hi there,

I have this ACX2100-AC and it was running JunOS 17.

After upgrade this week it has turned itself "down" twice, but power is still up and console is perfectly responding.

After "request system reboot" router came back to normal for two days.

Now it happened again, router is down.

Don't really know where to look at.

Any help would be appreciated.

BR,

Rafael

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Junos

Betreff: ACX2100 - JunOS dropping all network packets after upgrade to version 20

‎05-01-2020 03:10 PM

Hello raffusbr,

is there any reason why you need JUNOS 20.1 specifically, any bugfixes or new features? JUNOS 20.1 is really new, and I would not recommend you to use this release for stability reasons.

Try to install JUNOS 18.4R3-S2 (or if you want to be more conservative 18.2R3-S4) and check if the same behavior exists with this release.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".
If you think that my answer was helpful, please spend some Kudos.
Highlighted
Junos

Betreff: ACX2100 - JunOS dropping all network packets after upgrade to version 20

‎05-01-2020 06:16 PM
Hi there,

No, not at all.

I was running v17 and checked out for the latest version and there was the 20th.

Anyway, I guess it shouldn't behave like that.

I'm thinking about downgrading to 19th.

Any other tip?

Thanks.

Rafael
Highlighted
Junos

‎05-03-2020 02:09 AM

Hello Rafael,

please bear in mind that newest means always most unstable. That's why every release gets maintenance ("R") and service ("S") releases to fix these bugs. That a JUNOS release crashes regularly should not happen of course, but software issues can always happen. If you have an active service contract, you can always open a JTAC request to fix this behavior.

If you are not bound to a specific new feature or a specific bugfix in any release, I can just highly recommend you to use a JUNOS release which has at least an "R3" inside the name. Personally I would not go newer than 18.4 currently without any specific need.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution".
If you think that my answer was helpful, please spend some Kudos.
Feedback