Junos OS

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Adding multiple ports to a L2VPN

Posted 07-09-2014 18:14

Hi,

I currently have a L2VPN between 2 sites (let's say Router A and B) and I would like to add a second interface to the local site (Router B). What is the easiest way of doing this? For example;

Router A (ACX1100) has port 0/0/5 in the L2VPN "test" and Router B (MX10) has port 1/0/8 in the L2VPN "test". I would like to add port 1/0/9 on Router B to the VPN so that it is getting the same data stream from router A as port 1/0/8.

My research and testing has come up with no answers so I'm wondering if my only option is to go to a L3VPN or if there is something else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Adding multiple ports to a L2VPN
    Best Answer

Posted 07-10-2014 00:36

Hi there,

Are You isng Kompella L2VPN or Martini L2circuits?

If L2circuits, then You have 2 options here:

1/ if Router B does NOt send anything to Router A, just receives, then You can set up port-mirroring on Router B with output to port 1/0/9.

2/ If Router B also sends to Router A, then convert L2circuit to H-VPLS/LDP VPLS on Router B side (leave Router A side L2circuit "as is"). Terminate Router A' L2circuit into VPLS instance on Router B. Add ports 1/0/8 and 1/0/9 into that VPLS instance and disable MAC learning so You can have Ethernet frames coming from Router A flooded into 1/0/8 and 1/0/9. Port 1/0/9 will also get frames ingressing into 1/0/8 but You can drop them if You don't like that.

And if You are using Kompella, then it's either port-mirroring or migrating to VPLS on both Router A and Router B.

HTH

Thanks
    Alex

• 3.  RE: Adding multiple ports to a L2VPN

Posted 07-10-2014 16:54

Thank you very much aarseniev, I'll look into those couple of things.

• 4.  RE: Adding multiple ports to a L2VPN

Posted 07-10-2014 02:05

If you have more one port that connect to L2VPN, so need to change type to VPLS.

• 5.  RE: Adding multiple ports to a L2VPN

Posted 07-10-2014 02:10

You need to change the design to VPLS for additional ports.

=====

If this worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.