Junos
Highlighted
Junos

Can anyone give me help? thank you very much.

[ Edited ]
‎09-02-2009 05:46 AM

a-net links with b-net ( firewall's nat ) and c-net, c-net links Internet, all nets use public ipv4 addresses. a-net's users visit c-net's resources through M320's interface linking c-net( c-net's prefix), and others linking b-net by nat( default route).

Now the problem arises, if a-net's user provides services, other users outside a-net and c-net through  c-net come to a-net, but return back through b-net, not c-net. this may cause some applications not in operation.

how can i resolve this come-and-go-not-same problem? 

thanks again.

Message Edited by xuzhengwei on 09-02-2009 05:55 PM
Message Edited by xuzhengwei on 09-02-2009 05:57 PM

Attachments

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Junos

Re: Can anyone give me help? thank you very much.

‎09-02-2009 05:52 AM

Hi,

do you have small picture of your setup by any chance? Which component does NATing? M320?

Regards

Michael

Highlighted
Junos

‎09-02-2009 06:00 PM

Thanks Michael. I posted the picture as a attachment.

Can you please give me help?

Highlighted
Junos

‎09-03-2009 06:05 AM

Hi,

so I assume you want that entire traffic to net-a  should come through net-b router (to avoid assymetric routing). I also assume that you run eBGP on net-b and net-c. Then you should advertise your net-a route with  AS-path prepending done by net-c router (I do not entirely understand, are you running eBGP to net-b and net-c routers or are you running eBGP from net-b and net-c routers to SPs..) + use community which causes provider net-c to assign local preference value lower than the value they assign to the routes they receive from thier peers and upstream providers.

Regards

Michael

Feedback