Junos OS

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Can't configure MC-LAG config consistency check

Posted 09-11-2019 21:52

Hi everyone,

I am trying to configure MC-LAG Configuration Consistency Checking as described here on a QFX5100-24Q-2P running Junos 17.3R3-S4.2. However, I get a syntax error when I try to add the following to my MC-LAG configuration:

set multi-chassis mc-lag consistency-check

As expected, I'm also not able to see the state of the MC-LAG config consistency:

admin@TEST> show multi-chassis mc-lag configuration-consistency
    warning: mc-ae-config-check-service subsystem not running - not needed by configuration.

I can confirm that the ICCP and ICL-PL links are operating and there is L3 connectivity between both MC-LAG peers.

Anyone else seeing this problem? Any assistance would be appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Can't configure MC-LAG config consistency check

Posted 09-12-2019 13:41

Feature should be supported as per:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/command-summary/show-multichassis-consistency-check-mc-ae.html

If you see any core dump when commiting you may want to open a case to further decode or test 17.4R2, there were some MC_lag changes introduced on that version that may solve your problem.

• 3.  RE: Can't configure MC-LAG config consistency check
    Best Answer

Posted 09-12-2019 14:24

Hi,

This feature is not supported on QFX5100.

Please refer to the supported platform on the document.

show multi-chassis mc-lag configuration-consistency mcae-config

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!

If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]

• 4.  RE: Can't configure MC-LAG config consistency check

Posted 09-15-2019 14:58

Thanks adwivedi, I re-read the "Platforms and Release Support" section on the MC-LAG feature guide, which states that consistency checks are not supported on the QFX5100s.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/mc-lag-config-consistency-check-understanding.html