Junos
Junos

Configure question

‎10-31-2019 06:04 AM

I potentially need to create the maximum amount of VLAN IFL's per IFD and put them in a evpn routing-instance.

This will leave me with an incredible large and unreadable configuration with both IFD's and evpn routing-instances.

Rather than using the "wildcard range set" command, are there other ways of doing this?

Also, is there a away to omit parts of my configuration so that it becomes somewhat better readable?

3 REPLIES 3
Junos

Re: Configure question

‎10-31-2019 08:08 PM

I think you can use vlan-id-list (under the interface and bridge-domain) to achieve what you want. 

set unit 0 family bridge vlan-id-list <list>

set bridge-domain <bridge-name> vlan-id-list <list>

Yasmin Lara - Juniper Ambassador #QuadE - JNCIE-SP, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-DC, JNCIE-SEC
JNCIS-CLOUD, JNCDS-DC, JNCIA-DevOps
Junos

‎11-01-2019 01:24 AM

@ylara wrote:

I think you can use vlan-id-list (under the interface and bridge-domain) to achieve what you want. 

set unit 0 family bridge vlan-id-list <list>

set bridge-domain <bridge-name> vlan-id-list <list>

Hey ylara,

I'm not using bridge-domains, I'm using routing-instances of type 'evpn'.

I cannot use statements vlan-id-list, vlan-id-range on an interface and put that interface in the routing-instance.

The routing-instance must be of type vpls, but that's not what I'm using.

##

## Warning: vlan-id-range is specified for this logical interface; the routing instance must be of type vpls

## Warning: vlan-id-range is specified for this logical interface; 'vlan-id all' should also be enabled

##

So I'm afraid I have to create thousands of IFL's per interface and put them in the EVPN routing-instance.

Junos

‎11-01-2019 01:55 AM
marijn@ams-nik-cr1# show routing-instances evpn-pppoe-03   
instance-type evpn;
vlan-id none; <-- requirement
interface ae10.152; <-- interface towards PPPoE server
interface ge-0/3/6.1000 <-- customer VLAN 1000
route-distinguisher 202120L:10152;
vrf-target target:202120L:10152;
protocols {
    evpn;
}

I'm using above configuration, the Ethernet tag will be set to zero.
This means I only have to use VLAN 152 on my PPPoE server, instead of all VLANs within the VLAN list.
Also, since I'm using multiple physical interfaces where VLAN ID's may overlap, this is the only configuration I can use.
So I'm afraid I have to keep using thousands of VLANs and put them in my EVPN routing-instance.