Junos OS

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  DSCPs output queue

Posted 02-28-2020 11:05

I am working on a EX3300 and I am trying to configure the switch per what the creators of an AoIP device recommends. I have come to a point where they ask that I should "Set all ingress DSCPs to output queue 1 except the following:

8 (CS1)     2

46 (EF)     3

56 (CS7)   7"

This is new to me and I have no clue what this is what the commands are in Junos to make this happen.

If someone more knowledgable in this could explain and give me an example command to make this happen I would appreciate it.   

• 2.  RE: DSCPs output queue
    Best Answer

Posted 02-28-2020 15:46

Hi RadioPirate

Greetings, the first thing you need to have are the code points to create the BA ( behavior aggregate classifier ) or the multifield classified ( firewall filter) for the incoming DSCP's which are:

cs1 001000
    cs7 111000
    ef 101110

Now that we have this information assuming that the traffic is already market with these code points, you need to create the classifier, but first, you need to have a forwarding class mapped to a queue.

8 (CS1)     2

46 (EF)     3

56 (CS7)   7"

any ( REST) 1

Assuming that 2,3,7 are the queues you need for each of those forwarding classes I crafted the following:

root@RadioPirate# show class-of-service |display set
    set class-of-service forwarding-classes queue 3 EF
    set class-of-service forwarding-classes queue 7 CS7
    set class-of-service forwarding-classes queue 2 CS1
    set class-of-service forwarding-classes queue 1 REST

Then I created the Multified classifier, to classify the incoming DSCP's to each forwarding class: 

root@RadioPirate# show firewall |display set
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 1 from dscp cs1
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 1 then loss-priority low
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 1 then forwarding-class CS1
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 2 from dscp ef
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 2 then loss-priority low
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 2 then forwarding-class EF
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 3 from dscp cs7
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 3 then loss-priority low
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 3 then forwarding-class CS7
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 4 then loss-priority high
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 4 then forwarding-class REST
    set firewall family inet filter AoIP term 5 then accept

If you have another matching criterion like IP's you can drop then into the filter. if the traffic is coming from a layer 2 interface the filter needs to be "ethernet-switching" and not "inet" and remember that you need to apply the filter to the ingress interface(s).  

And finally, you need to configure a scheduler and a scheduler-map then apply it to the outgoing interfaces in the class-of-service hierarchy . Please follow this document to have an idea of how you can create your own custom schedulers and scheduler maps.

Please check this link for some guidance of how you can go about the scheduler and the scheduler-map and customize them the way you desire:https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/cos-ex-series-configuring.html

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution" so we can help others too \:)/

Regards,
    Lil Dexx
    JNCIE-ENT#863, 3X JNCIP-[SP-ENT-DC], 4X JNCIA [cloud-DevOps-Junos-Design], Champions Ingenius, SSYB