Junos
Junos

GRE Support - EX Series?

‎05-04-2011 01:54 PM

Anybody know where we stand with getting GRE support on the EX series of switches?  I found a data sheet that listed GRE as supported but with a "*."  And the "*" at the bottom of the page said "software roadmap."  My question is where on the roadmap?  Coming to an EX series switch near you?  Or is it still in "don't hold your breath" status?

Thanks much,

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
Junos

Re: GRE Support - EX Series?

‎05-04-2011 04:13 PM
9.5 has support for GRE, but after that it has vanished for unknown reason. It's working atleast 9.5S4.1 with EX3200 just fine. Configuration snippet: set interfaces gre unit 0 tunnel source x.x.x.y set interfaces gre unit 0 tunnel destination x.x.x.y set interfaces gre unit 0 family inet address z.z.z.z/32
Junos

‎05-05-2011 07:30 AM

Thanks tonsta.  Usually when I see a feature ghost in and out like that I assume it's not a stable one.  Did you actually deploy GRE on a 3200 using that code?  If so, did it work out OK?  I'd be willing to deploy that code if that's what it takes...

Junos

‎05-05-2011 10:06 PM
Yes, the GRE is working between EX3200 and Linux server just fine. Not huge amount of traffic though, so I'm not 100% if the GRE is done on hardware or on routing-engine's CPU.
Highlighted
Junos

‎05-06-2011 08:04 AM

OK, thanks again tonsta!  FYI to all, got word that GRE will not be officially supported until the 12 train of code is released.  And no firm date on that as far as I know but probably not in CY2011.  Bummer.