Junos
Junos

JUNOS | Sharing my CLI Session with Another User

‎09-28-2019 04:03 AM

I know this was possible in Cisco land, wanted to know if I could share my CLI session with another user such that the other user can see the commands and output that I am seeing, a bit like TV or ZOOM, but at CLI level terminal session only?

Thanks !

Ajaz Nawaz
JNCIE-SEC#254 | CCIE#15721
JNCIA-FWV | JNCIS-FWV
JNCIA-JUNOS | JNCIS-SEC
JNCIP-SEC | JNCIE-SEC
CCNP-Collaboration
4 REPLIES 4
Junos

Re: JUNOS | Sharing my CLI Session with Another User

‎09-28-2019 08:14 PM

If you're using Linux (or anything that support GNU tools), check out "screen -x".

Junos

‎09-30-2019 09:52 AM

Hi Anawaz,

From the junos CLI perspective I don't think you can share your session with another other user while you are logged in via telnet/ssh

Maximum, interaction that you can do with another user is to send/receive some messages

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/KB24317

If you really want to share something with another user may be you both can login via remote console and see the same session.

Thanks

Vishal

Junos

‎09-30-2019 11:15 AM

Are you using any terminal server to access the console port ? then depending on its configuration,  you and your user can acess the same conole port, and both users will be able to see the same conole session outputs

Junos

‎09-30-2019 08:43 PM

Junos does not have any in-built option for sharing terminal but if needed you can easily leverage your terminal or OS features to share your screen as answered in the answers above.