Junos
Junos

JUNOS VRRP Config SYNC on EX

‎09-05-2012 07:24 AM

Dears,

is there any way i can configure VRRP configuration sync on EX switcheS!! or do you know any other HA option i can do for EX6200 two boxes! since it does not support VC. appretiate your help

Tariq Morad
4 REPLIES 4
Junos

Re: JUNOS VRRP Config SYNC on EX

‎09-05-2012 11:26 PM
Hi Arzo,

Please let us know what you mean by VRRP config sync...
Do you intend to have the 2 EX6200s in active/backup using VRRP or do you have some other requirement..?

thanks,
ankit
Junos

‎09-06-2012 01:16 AM

Yes I have 2 EX6200 boxes, I need them active/backup! Now I want the configuration to be synchronized once I do a commit! is there any automatic way to do that.. or manually by pushing the configuration from active one to backup!

also can you please advise if there is any other HA solution provided for EX6200 .. Appreciate your time and efforts.

Tariq Morad
Junos

‎09-06-2012 02:02 AM
I'm not aware of any protocol that does this. However, this should be achievable via a script (if you're looking to go down that way).
I've done some bash scripting (on qfx3500) and it works fine.
One way that I can think of is to monitor the relevant config changes on box-1 via some external device, and execute a bash script on box-2 in case of an actionable-condition.

In qfx3500's, a script can use the following executable to reach the cli mode: /usr/sbin/cli

Sample script:

#!/sbin/sh
while [ 1 ]
do
/usr/sbin/cli -c "edit;load update /var/home/regress/baseline-config.conf;commit;exit"
sleep 60
/usr/sbin/cli -c "edit; rollback 1;commit;exit"
sleep 120
done

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any other HA mechanisms on the EX series. Perhaps the EX experts can comment on that..

cheers,
ankit
Highlighted
Junos

‎09-06-2012 02:11 AM

well! thanks a lot , you gave me some points to think about, but i cant understand how juniper planned for this product to do HA! since they didnt unclude virtual chassis technology on it, they shouldve thought of another mechanism to do the HA. hopefully some other member will answer this question, or i might open a ticket with JTAC. anyway thanks a lot for your kind help.

Tariq Morad