Junos OS

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  L2CIRCUIT VLAN-CCC

Posted 01-28-2009 10:36

Hi,

What is the best way, if possible to TRUNK multiple VLANS across a L2<vlan>CCC? Do I need to enable the interface for LDP as well as MPLS protocols too? Do I create multiple logical unit/vlan id's on the same physical interface? Also, what is the effect of the (no) or control-word on the configuration?

Many Thanks

• 2.  RE: L2CIRCUIT VLAN-CCC

Posted 01-28-2009 11:57

@topbuzz wrote:

Hi,

What is the best way, if possible to TRUNK multiple VLANS across a L2<vlan>CCC? 

For qualified VLAN VPLS you can use 'vlan-id-range' under the interface configuration, check if you can find same with CCC. PIC limitation are applied.

Do I need to enable the interface for LDP as well as MPLS protocols too? p

Yea, you need to enable MPLS as well as LSP signaling protocol for all layer 2 vpn .i.e l2circuit, l2vpn and vpls. L2TPv3 is an alternative protocol to MPLS for encapsulation of multiprotocol Layer 2 communications traffic over IP networks. Juniper does not support it yet now.

Do I create multiple logical unit/vlan id's on the same physical interface?

It depends if you will use multiple vlans and you wana treat them as an individual interface then you have to create thm. If your PIC is supporting vlan-id-range and you wana use as trunk interface then you don't need to create them just do this.. vlan-id-range 550-557

Also, what is the effect of the (no) or control-word on the configuration?

It is included in the signaling whether an endpoint wants to receive the control word or not (the C bit in the VC FEC) and the rules governing the negotiation when both sides have differences in the C bit are also specified.

Many Thanks

• 3.  RE: L2CIRCUIT VLAN-CCC

Posted 01-29-2009 10:25

Good commentary. Thanks for that Masood. I've got a pretty good idea of what my topology and config will look like, now. I'm going to test it tomorrow and then implement on Saturday.

I'm going to trunk VLAN's over a 2Gig Port-channel up from a Cisco 3750 Metro switch to an MX240 aggregated-ethernet port. Then I will  cross-connect those VLAN's across the MPLS cloud to another MX240 also connected to another 3750 in the same manner.

My next question becomes:

Can I place SOME - NOT ALL - of those VLAN's in STP BLOCKING across the CCC?

Cheers!

• 4.  RE: L2CIRCUIT VLAN-CCC
    Best Answer

Posted 02-06-2009 11:16
    I may have over-engineered what I was trying to do. A simple ethernet CCC will transport trunked VLAN's across the MPLS core transparently and the cisco switches will handle STP at either end of the port-channel. There was no need to create a VLAN-ccc for each VLAN...

• 5.  RE: L2CIRCUIT VLAN-CCC

Posted 03-28-2014 02:31

Please correct my understanding if I am wrong.

VLAN-CCC encapsulation means tunneling. Suppose a tagged  source frame with Vlan id 200 arrives on Juniper interface having VLAN id 300 and encapsulation as VLAN-CCC configuration, In that case the entire frame with additional tag of VLAN 300.

So basically VLAN-CCC is adding another VLAN ID.

• 6.  RE: L2CIRCUIT VLAN-CCC

Posted 03-28-2014 02:38

I would be obliged if anybody can explain VLAN-CCC using picture/graphic. Pictorial representation.

• 7.  RE: L2CIRCUIT VLAN-CCC

Posted 02-19-2009 04:37

@topbuzz wrote:
    Do I need to enable the interface for LDP as well as MPLS protocols too?
    For customer facing L2 interface you don't need any protocols running. Just use encapsulation ethernet-ccc or encapsulation vlan-ccc. In backbone it depends on how do you transport your data. For remote-interface-switch you don't need LDP if you have RSVP and build static LSPs. Other L2 transport methods were already discussed.