Junos OS

last person joined: 7 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Limiting BNG Session Volume

Posted 09-22-2020 23:43

HI

in MX BNG, Is there any VSA for limiting the applicable volume to a subscriber session? For time, we can use Session-Timeout

But I could not find any VSA for Volume.

I saw this feature on Ericsson Redback before, Which we could Assign the applicable volume in byte for aggregation of Uploaded and Downloaded traffic or for each traffic separately

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Limiting BNG Session Volume

Posted 09-23-2020 00:32

You can use these attributes for service  to limit time/volume.

Unisphere-Service-Volume, Unisphere-Service-Volume-Gigaword and Unisphere-Service-Timeout

This doc for junose , but logic is same

• 3.  RE: Limiting BNG Session Volume

Posted 09-23-2020 00:39

Hi

As I checked the dictionary of Freeradius, the mentioned AVPs are for "Service inside of a session", not total Session itself.

For example: ERX-Service-Volume requires tag which implies it is related to ERX-Service-Activate AVP which it has tag as well.

Is this assumption correct?

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Limiting BNG Session Volume
    Best Answer

Posted 09-23-2020 04:42

Hello Alireza,

Yes, your assumption is correct. I wasn't able to find a more appropriate RADIUS attribute, but it shouldn't be difficult to accomplish your task using ERX-Service-Volume attribute.

For example, you can configure a subscriber with a firewall filter that denies all traffic, and activate a dynamic service with firewall filter with better preference that allows everything ("any any"). ERX-Service-Volume attribute can be used to manage volume of traffic that can be consumed by this subscriber.

HTH

Best regards,

Sergii

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please accept the solution if your problem is resolved Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------