Junos
Junos

MX80 static route for specific source IP

‎03-07-2018 09:31 AM

Greetings,

I'm pretty new to Juniper and I'm trying to figure out how I can make a static route in MX 80 that would work only for specifc source address.

Background story.

I have a SD-WAN device attached to MX router that has 3 public IP addresses and a sbc with multiple public IP's. The SD-WAN device works like a router. There is another SD-WAN device at customer location. The traffic is routed through SD-WAN to SBC, but the way the router is configured right now, it will send the traffic from SBC out the default gatway and if I just add static route it will create loop.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Junos

Re: MX80 static route for specific source IP

‎03-07-2018 09:51 AM
I didn’t understand your “background story”. Can you elaborate a bit?

Do you mean, SBC has a default gateway pointed towards mx? And if you create a static route pointing towards SBC, it will create a loop?

Can you try FBF if you want to route specific source traffic towards specific destination? You can refer to below docs if that’s what are you looking for.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/firewall-filter-option-filter-based...
Junos

‎03-07-2018 10:52 AM

The MX is the default gateway for SBC, but the traffic from a certain IP address needs to be routed through MX to SD-WAN device.

Junos

‎03-07-2018 10:04 PM

You can use the Filter base forwarding (PBR) as i mentioned in my last post.

You can refer to the link shared in the last email. let me know if you need any help related to configuration