Junos
Highlighted
Junos

Need to configure MPLS, what's the best reference?

a week ago

I have this topology, and I need to configure MPLS (OSPF, LDP, RR, MP-BGP), but I have a question, what kind of reference works best for me at a lower cost.

According with the topology, the blue is the node (P-PE) and green is a customer (VRF).

I configured SRX4100 but is too cost and does not have enough 10G ports.
I configured EX-4600 but I have doubts that it works with the topology requirement.
I configured QFX5100 but I have doubts that it works with the topology requirement.

If you have any MPLS experience with these equipment, I would like to share it with you.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Junos

Re: Need to configure MPLS, what's the best reference?

a week ago

Hello,

Where is topology? could you please attach.

EX4600 is enterprise campus switch & QFX5100 is more on the data center leaf switch.

You requirement sounds to be routing, have you considered MX-Series? MX-80, MX104 or MX204?

If cost ($$$$$) is concern for your, could you try ACX-Series?

/Karan Dhanak
# Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.

Junos

Saturday

The topology isn't visible, but given the list of protocols you mentioned, the QFX5100 will be able to handle it just fine.  I'm using a bunch of them with Segment Routing & IS-IS in place of LDP and OSPF for delivering L3VPNs, with vMX's serviing as route-reflectors.

Junos

Sunday

QFX5100 is fine for smaller scale environments.

@PaulClarkeJNCIP