Junos
Junos

Need to configure MPLS, what's the best reference?

‎01-11-2019 11:00 AM

I have this topology, and I need to configure MPLS (OSPF, LDP, RR, MP-BGP), but I have a question, what kind of reference works best for me at a lower cost.

According with the topology, the blue is the node (P-PE) and green is a customer (VRF).

I configured SRX4100 but is too cost and does not have enough 10G ports.
I configured EX-4600 but I have doubts that it works with the topology requirement.
I configured QFX5100 but I have doubts that it works with the topology requirement.

If you have any MPLS experience with these equipment, I would like to share it with you.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Junos

Re: Need to configure MPLS, what's the best reference?

‎01-11-2019 10:15 PM

Hello,

Where is topology? could you please attach.

EX4600 is enterprise campus switch & QFX5100 is more on the data center leaf switch.

You requirement sounds to be routing, have you considered MX-Series? MX-80, MX104 or MX204?

If cost ($$$$$) is concern for your, could you try ACX-Series?

/Karan Dhanak
# Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.

Junos

‎01-12-2019 12:40 PM

The topology isn't visible, but given the list of protocols you mentioned, the QFX5100 will be able to handle it just fine.  I'm using a bunch of them with Segment Routing & IS-IS in place of LDP and OSPF for delivering L3VPNs, with vMX's serviing as route-reflectors.

Highlighted
Junos

‎01-13-2019 02:42 AM

QFX5100 is fine for smaller scale environments.

@PaulClarkeJNCIP