Junos OS

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Prefix Delegation in Subscriber Management on MX

Posted 07-03-2019 05:07

Dear All,

I have a question about the IPv6 PD for Junos Subscriber Management. Is there a way to get the subnet for the prefix delegation directly from the radius server without being forced to configure the pool locally on the MX router? That is, I don't want to get the pool name from the radius, but directly the subnet to be delegated.

Thanks in advance,

Nicola

• 2.  RE: Prefix Delegation in Subscriber Management on MX

Posted 07-03-2019 06:06

Hi,

You can assign the DHCPv6 IAPD using below CLI.

labroot@jtac-mx960-r2032-re1# set system services dhcp-local-server dhcpv6 overrides delegated-pool ?
    Possible completions:
    <delegated-pool> Delegated pool name for inet6

Regards,
    Rahul

• 3.  RE: Prefix Delegation in Subscriber Management on MX

Posted 07-03-2019 06:11

Ok I misunderstood. You need assign IAPD address from radius rather than sending the pool name from radius.

• 4.  RE: Prefix Delegation in Subscriber Management on MX
    Best Answer

Posted 07-03-2019 06:14

Did you tried below radius attribute?

Using a AAA RADIUS Server to Obtain IPv6 Prefixes for Prefix Delegation

When the BNG needs to obtain a prefix for DHCPv6 prefix delegation, it uses the values in one of the following RADIUS attributes:

• Delegated-IPv6-Prefix—The attribute (123) contains an IPv6 prefix that the BNG can send to the CPE.

• Jnpr-IPv6-Delegated-Pool-Name—The attribute (VSA 26-161) contains the name of an address-assignment pool configured on the BNG from which the BNG can select a prefix to send to the CPE.

Both attributes are sent from the RADIUS server to the BNG in RADIUS Access-Accept messages.

• 5.  RE: Prefix Delegation in Subscriber Management on MX

Posted 07-03-2019 06:19

Framed-IPv6-Prefix = 200X:X:XXX:X::/64,

Delegated-IPv6-Prefix = 200X:X:X::/56,

{master}

labroot@test-re0> show subscribers

Interface           IP Address/VLAN ID                      User Name                      LS:RI

demux0.3221225474   0x8100.128 0x8100.7                                               default:default

pp0.3221225475      200X:X:X::/56                           TEST                      default:default

*                   200X:X:XXXX:X::/64

• 6.  RE: Prefix Delegation in Subscriber Management on MX

Posted 07-03-2019 22:13

Thank you very much Mayar,

yes, that is what I was looking for, the "delegated ipv6 prefix" attribute should be supported by junos, I still need to try it but thank you for your prompt anser 🙂

Have a nice day!