Junos
Highlighted
Junos

PtMP Layer 2 Core assistance

[ Edited ]
‎06-09-2020 04:21 PM

Hi,

This is my first foray into PtMP connections and QinQ.

We have ordered a few Ethernet services through an ISP in a PtMP setup.

The ISP has given us the S-VLANs for each remote site.

We are wanting to setup a subnet between the head office and each remote site and use BGP to advertise networks behind each of the devices.

I am not sure where to start looking first, any assistance would be apprecaited. I have attached a basic diagram.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Junos

Re: PtMP Layer 2 Core assistance

‎06-13-2020 09:26 AM

The diagram seems to be lost in the post if your could edit the post and add that in please.

Also if you could add details on your current BGP architecture or if this is a greenfield for BGP?

How are you interfacing the routes from this setup to the rest of your network?

Are there BGP neighbors downstream of the site connections or is this a simple hub/spoke setup?

From your description I would assume you won't need to worry about the Q-in-Q at all but that part would be strictly on your provider network with you connecting via the designated customer S vlan at each site.   But want to confirm you are not running Q-in-Q over carrier ethernet for some reason.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
Highlighted
Junos

Re: PtMP Layer 2 Core assistance

‎06-15-2020 09:01 AM

What type of service your ISP is providing? Layer 2 VPN or Layer 3 VPN? This sounds like VPLS connection which you can imagine it to be a virtual switch working in layer 2 connecting your offices

Mengzhe Hu
JNCIE x 3 (SP DC ENT)
Feedback