Junos OS

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Routing specific IP's to ports

Posted 07-03-2015 01:29

Hi all

Following on from my previous post...

We are reselling some our bandwidth to a nearby company.

The problem we now have is how to detect and direct their traffic to their network via one of the ports on our SRX210.

Basically we have 15 IP addresses coming into our network, we want to assign one to them and have all of the traffic for that IP routed via one of our spare ports.

Hope this is enough info but let me know if you need to know anything else...

Many thanks

• 2.  RE: Routing specific IP's to ports

Posted 07-03-2015 03:58

Hello ,

You can achive this basically by a filter based forwarding . Ie amoung that 15 IP segments , 1 is assigned to the neighbour , so create a firewall filter with that specific IP in the incoming interface and create a routing instance ( instance type forwarding )  and give the route to neighbour in that routing instance . Rest will be taken care by your normal default routing table .

You can refer the doc : http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23300

• 3.  RE: Routing specific IP's to ports

Posted 07-06-2015 05:20

I am sure your suggestion is the right one but I keep getting a syntax error with no indication as to where it is.

Every time I try to commit it just says syntax error and removes all of my changes.

I tried the point and click editor and that just returns a string of unformatted config setting so that is no use.

How do you guy's cope with such rubbish software?

I am seriously thinking about chucking this thing in the bin and getting one from a different manufacturer!

• 4.  RE: Routing specific IP's to ports

Posted 07-06-2015 19:42

Hello ,

If you can give us the error or the configuration that you are trying , We can give you the working configuration after checking in our lab , if that fine.

• 5.  RE: Routing specific IP's to ports

Posted 07-07-2015 02:57

That is the problem, it just says syntax error, no line number not even an indication as to which section it is in.

We are already looking at alternatves, I will enjoy smashing this thing up with a hammer and posting it on youtube!

• 6.  RE: Routing specific IP's to ports

Posted 07-07-2015 03:05

can you kindly provide the config you are trying to apply as the error you are getting sounds bizarre , also what Junos version ? 

• 7.  RE: Routing specific IP's to ports

Posted 07-07-2015 22:44

Hello wldg ,

when you do the config , please take the session logs and attach it here , we can check this and let you what went wrong .

If it says syntax error , then I hope the configuration command is missing something or you are trying to configure some unsupported configuration .

If you can share the screen output , we can help you better .

• 8.  RE: Routing specific IP's to ports
    Best Answer

Posted 07-16-2015 00:40

Quick update on this one.

Gave up on the j-web as all we got was the sysntax error.

Eventually got this working using a static nat via the command line interface.

Thanks all

• 9.  RE: Routing specific IP's to ports

Posted 07-03-2015 04:21

What kind and direction of traffic are you talking about?

Outbound traffic from these clients to the internet?

The NAT address you use for these clients to the internet?

Are you managing mulitple upstream internet connections?

Inbound traffic from the internet to the client firewalls/servers?