Junos OS

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  SAVE to FTP Server - ASCII vs Binary (LF vs CRLF)

Posted 05-10-2011 13:38

When I try to save JUNOS CLI output to an FTP server running on my Windows 7 machine all of the line breaks are missing when I view the file in MS Notepad.  My research seems to point to two solutions:

1) Use a differnet text editor that supports both CRLF (MS OS) and LF (Unix-based OS)

2) Transfer your files in "ASCII" mode from the FTP client.

Does anyone know how to transfer via FTP in "ASCII" mode on the JUNOS platform?

I'm running:

JUNOS 10.3R3.7 on an SRX210

and

FileZilla FTP Server v0.9.37 beta and MS Notepad on Windows 7 SP1

The command I'm running is:

show | compare | no-more | save ftp://user:pass@10.0.1.2/srxchanges.txt

Has anyone encountered this and come up with a workaround?  Thank you.

• 2.  RE: SAVE to FTP Server - ASCII vs Binary (LF vs CRLF)
    Best Answer

Posted 05-10-2011 13:55

Not sure you can change the option when doing a save from within the CLI. One solution would be to just save the file locally, drop out to the shell (start shell) and then do a regular ftp from the UNIX command line where you can directly control the ftp options.

• 3.  RE: SAVE to FTP Server - ASCII vs Binary (LF vs CRLF)

Posted 05-10-2011 15:09

use Gnu Emacs on windows - it will change your life 🙂 (plus it acts like Junos CLI...or is it the other way around...)

• 4.  RE: SAVE to FTP Server - ASCII vs Binary (LF vs CRLF)

Posted 05-10-2011 16:23

Or just use WordPad (built in to Windows), Notepad++ (freeware), UltraEdit (payware), etc.

If you don't want to learn a new text editor, you could also use unix2dos to convert the unix files to dos format (the format you're probably used to).

• 5.  RE: SAVE to FTP Server - ASCII vs Binary (LF vs CRLF)

Posted 05-11-2011 11:43

Initiating the FTP connection from the shell instead of the CLI seemed to do the trick.  Thanks for the suggestion.