Junos OS

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Try entering the password again in ezsetup, junos.xsl:failed to load external entity

Posted 08-21-2019 02:34

Hi All,

Please help my new juniper ex-3400. This is my first juniper switch, when i go to ezsetup, after fill the device hostname i can't enter my root password. i always get this warning message and can't continue the step :

/var/tmp/tmp_opmAM2Kr/import/junos.xsl:failed to load external entity "/var/tmp/tmp_opmAM2Kr/import/junos.xsl"

error: compilation error: file /var/tmp/tmp_opmAM2Kr/tmp-op-script.2Zxus9/passwdutil.slax line 8 element import

error: xsl:import : unable to load /var/tmp/tmp_opmAM2Kr/import/junos.xsl

error: error reading stylesheet: /var/tmp/tmp_opmAM2Kr/tmp-op-script.2Zxus9/passwdutil.slax

Try entering the password again.

this is happen in first configuration and i confused to find the root cause. need your help regarding this issue.

thank you.

• 2.  RE: Try entering the password again in ezsetup, junos.xsl:failed to load external entity

Posted 08-21-2019 02:49

I would guess that the password is not meeting the complexity or length requirement which I think are at least 8 characters with 3 of the 4 types upper/lower, numbers, special character.

• 3.  RE: Try entering the password again in ezsetup, junos.xsl:failed to load external entity

Posted 08-21-2019 03:14

already input the password with combination uppercase, lowercase, number and symbol but the warning message still appear.

• 4.  RE: Try entering the password again in ezsetup, junos.xsl:failed to load external entity

Posted 08-21-2019 03:29

Hi,

Can you try to enter the CLI instead of ezsetup and check the date. Try to set the correct date and also root password using CLI:

% cli
    >configure
    #set date YYYYMMDDHHMM.ss
    #Set system root-authentication plain-text-password

It might be a problem with the incorrect time as you state that this is a new EX3400 device.

Thanks,
    Pradeep
    Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!

• 5.  RE: Try entering the password again in ezsetup, junos.xsl:failed to load external entity

Posted 08-21-2019 16:54
    Hi,

I already try your suggestion but the warning message still appear (the message error still same). Thank you.

• 6.  RE: Try entering the password again in ezsetup, junos.xsl:failed to load external entity
    Best Answer

Posted 08-22-2019 00:56

Hi,

Looked into some internal cases and form the error messages, looks like the folder for /var/db/scripts is missing from the device. Found a PR but that says this issue of directory missing happens after a "request system zeroize", not sure if it matches your case.

But can you try adding the directory using below commands and check if it solves the issue.

mkdir -p /var/db/scripts
    mkdir -p /var/db/scripts/commit
    mkdir -p /var/db/scripts/event
    mkdir -p /var/db/scripts/jet
    mkdir -p /var/db/scripts/op
    mkdir -p /var/db/scripts/snmp
    mkdir -p /var/db/scripts/translation
    mkdir -p /var/db/scripts/lib
    ln -s /usr/libdata/cscript/import /var/db/scripts/import
    chmod -R 2770 /var/db/scripts

Thanks,
    Pradeep
    Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!

• 7.  RE: Try entering the password again in ezsetup, junos.xsl:failed to load external entity

Posted 08-26-2019 03:13

Hi pradkm,

Thank you for your suggestion above, the switch can running normally right now.