I've search around about this 3 command in JUNOS and not really seen the different. I hope you guyz can help me further.
1. Generally what is the common command use by juniper engineer
2. Whats really the different.
3. Which one the best command if the router is remotely operated.
4. If just to restart/reboot the router whats the command use.
5.If totally to shut down whats the command use
6. both command will service impact right..
Using M and J series
Thank you for assisting me further.
Go to Solution.
Here is a thread from a while back that talks about about this:
Thank you. I come out with the conclusion as follows
1. Request system halt
-Will stop OS and all services and engine in the router and no router function
-Power is still "ON"
-Can restart/reboot without the need to "ON/OFF" power physically.
-Useful command to restart router remotely. No need engineer at sites.
2.Request system power-off
-Totally power "OFF"
-To restart or ON back the router need to "ON" the router power switch. Required physical contact.
-Required engineer on sites.
-Useful to deploy or replacement the router to new sites.
Please do correct me if I'm doing wrong.
For routers, yes that is correct.