Junos OS

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  event-options/policy using a command with double quotes

Posted 07-03-2019 06:23

I am setting up an event-option with JunOS v15.1, but I am having trouble with the commands to execute.  The command I wish to execute is 'request snmp spoof-trap jnxEventTrap variable-bindings "jnxEventTrapDescr = Daily-Freshness-Check"', but I cannot get the quotes within the quoted command.  This is the best I can get it to accept, but it does not generate a trap.  If I remove the variable-bindings, it works fine.

policy freshness-trap {
        events freshness-check;
        then {
            execute-commands {
                commands {
                    "request snmp spoof-trap jnxEventTrap variable-bindings 'jnxEventTrapDescr = Daily-Freshness-Check'";
                }
            }
        }   
    }

Is it possible to include the double quotes within the double quotes?

• 2.  RE: event-options/policy using a command with double quotes
    Best Answer

Posted 07-03-2019 07:48

Try this

"request snmp spoof-trap jnxEventTrap variable-bindings \"jnxEventTrapDescr = Daily-Freshness-Check\""

Here's a few working examples for event-option to execute pfe/re shell commands. Should be supported:

set event-options policy test then execute-commands commands "start shell sh command \"/sbin/sh /var/home/labroot/cmd.sh\" | no-more"

set event-options policy high-cpu then execute-commands commands "request pfe execute target tnp tnp-name fpc1.pic0  command \"show usp jexec event\""

set event-options policy log-on-snmp-trap-link-down then execute-commands commands "request pfe execute command 'show  syslog  messages ' target fpc0 | no-more"

• 3.  RE: event-options/policy using a command with double quotes

Posted 07-03-2019 09:07

That worked perfectly - Thanks!