Junos OS

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  routing-instance EVPN limitations

Posted 08-23-2019 00:53

Hello,

I'm wondering: what is limit of how many IFLs can be present in a single EVPN routing-instance at a time?

Beeelze

• 2.  RE: routing-instance EVPN limitations
    Best Answer

Posted 08-23-2019 07:57

Hello,

I don't think there should be any limit on the IFL.

Limit should be on number of MACs per EVPN instance and per IFL. The default MAC limit per EVPN instance is around 5000.

These limits can be changed via CLI.

"You can configure the same limit for all interfaces configured for a routing instance by including this statement at the [edit routing-instances routing-instance-name protocols evpn] hierarchy level.

You can also configure a limit for a specific interface by including this statement at the [edit routing-instances routing-instance-name protocols evpn interface interface-name] hierarchy level.

By default, packets with new source MAC addresses are forwarded after the MAC address limit is reached. You can alter this behavior by including the packet-action drop statement at either the [edit routing-instances routing-instance-name protocols evpn interface-mac-limit] or the [edit routing-instances routing-instance-name protocols evpn interface interface-name] hierarchy level.

If you configure this statement, packets from new source MAC addresses are dropped once the configured MAC address limit is reached."

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/evpn-routing-instance-configuring.html

PS: Please accept my response as solution if it solves your query, kudos are appreciated too!

Thanks

Vishal

• 3.  RE: routing-instance EVPN limitations

Posted 11-15-2019 03:04

Limit should be on number of MACs per EVPN instance and per IFL. The default MAC limit per EVPN instance is around 5000.

These limits can be changed via CLI.

"You can configure the same limit for all interfaces configured for a routing instance by including this statement at the [edit routing-instances routing-instance-name protocols evpn] hierarchy level.

Thanks for your message. Sorry that it took me so long to respond.

Then this would be how I would increase the MAC table size limit right?

edit routing-instances evpn-pppoe-primary protocols evpn]
    marijn@ams-eq4-er1# set mac-table-size ?
    Possible completions:
      <limit>              Maximum number of MAC addresses (16..524287)
    + apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
    + apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
      packet-action        Action when MAC limit is reached

Will it have any impact on existing interfaces in the EVPN instance?