Junos
Highlighted
Junos

show configuration |compare rollback 8| display set

‎02-23-2020 02:32 AM

Hi Junos Exparts,

Displaying the changes between committed configurations as set/delete, I'd like to know if such feature is available now.

I've checked a similar discussion initiated in 2015 with no effective solution.

Thanks for your attention and time.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Junos

Re: show configuration |compare rollback 8| display set

‎02-23-2020 06:04 AM

Hi Zahid

This feature of show | compare is not available in the current junos implementation.

However you can use the show | compare and  load patch terminal (explained in the earlier thread) to achieve the same if you want to use the same configuration on different nodes. Also you can commit the configuration on one node and then take the set format and use it across different cli.

Highlighted
Junos

‎02-23-2020 01:14 PM

Hi Zahid.Hossain,

Greeting,  I have never seen this working on a JunOS that I have poked around with hence I would say that this is not available based on my experience plus I was not able to find a any documentation related to this. nevertheless, it would be great to have it though... 

Regards,
Lil Dexx
JNCIE-ENT#863, 3X JNCIP-[SP-ENT-DC], 4X JNCIA [cloud-DevOps-Junos-Design], Champions Ingenius, SSYB

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution" so we can help others too \Smiley Happy/

Highlighted
Junos

‎02-24-2020 07:52 AM

Highlighted
Junos

‎02-24-2020 07:53 AM

Hi Zahid,

If you want use such feature to add similar configuration on multiple device following would help:

Device#1: show | compare << copy the output

Device#2 load patch terminal << paste it on other device

Example

device1# set interfaces ge-0/0/0 description test

device1# show | compare << copy the output
[edit interfaces ge-0/0/0]
+ description test;

device2# load patch terminal < paste it here
[Type ^D at a new line to end input]
+ description test;

load complete

labroot@android-re0# show | compare
+ description test;

PS: Please accept my response as solution if it answers your query, kuods are appreicated too!

Highlighted
Junos

‎02-25-2020 03:18 AM

Hi,

Thanks to raviky, vlsingh , LilDexx for attention and effort.

I am expecting the differences in 'display set'. Raviky, can you please share specific document from Juniper?

Regards.

Highlighted
Junos

‎02-25-2020 04:04 AM

Hi,

this feature is not available, and unless I'm misstaken there is no documentation suggesting it is, so there is / will be no (further) document from Juniper wrt to this. Sorry, but that's how it is.

Regards

Ulf

--
If this worked for you please flag my post as an 'Accepted Solution' so others can benefit. A kudo would be cool if you think I earned it.
Highlighted
Junos

‎02-25-2020 04:25 AM

Hi Zahid

You cannot get the difference in configuration in set format without committing.

As said in my previous answer as well this feature is not available in junos. However you can copy and paste in the script format using the load patch terminal.

Highlighted
Junos

‎02-27-2020 07:12 AM

Hi,

Thank you for quick response.

I'll be requesting Juniper for such a feature.

Regards,

Zahid H.