Junosphere
This forum is intended for all discussions and questions relating to Junosphere. It is a branch-off from the former "Junos and Junosphere" forum, which is now titled "Junos".
Highlighted
Junosphere

Multicast LAB in junosphere

‎09-19-2016 02:12 PM

Hello all, 

I was wondering if anyone had any luck setting up a multicast lab in junosphere with a multicast source coming from 1 laptop? 

Basically, i set up a lab and i am trying to send a mcast source via VLC on one laptop into the virtual lab. 

I setup the connecter form the site, And it seems to work correctly, it can reach all my virtual routers 10.mgmt interfaces that are assigned to the ge-0/0/0 interfaces. IE interface "em0" { EXTERNAL; }; /* ge-0/0/0 */

Where i am stuck at is how would i bridge a multicast source from a windows OS to the virtual lab correctly? 

Does anyone have any links to any material that i may have missed? I am not too great with linux, Which is why i didn't setup two seperate linux vms and bridged the two. I assumed i would be able to do it with the connector vm and the main host os on my laptop. (sorry for the rambling)

1 REPLY 1
Junosphere

Re: Multicast LAB in junosphere

‎03-22-2017 11:09 AM
Hello, It is better to use Linux within Junosphere to generate multicast. You can use utilities like omping to generate multicast traffic. Regards, Rushi