Faizan Khurshid

Faizan
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Management

Re: Best Practice in STRM

‎11-19-2013 12:05 PM

Hi Ssuet,

ask me everything you want and I'll help you.

A direct Best Practice Guide isn't yet available, I did hear something that it should be available in the next half year.

Best Regards

NULL

Highlighted
Management

‎11-25-2013 08:04 AM

Hi NULL,

Can STRM be used to Monitor and do reporting on the below devices in one Network?

28 EX4200 switches

2 EX4550 switches

2 EX8200 switches

2 SRX3400 switches

. Let me know what one would need to note, when scoping an STRM solution for such an environment. Thanks.

Regards,
Willys W.
Highlighted
Management

‎11-27-2013 04:02 AM

@NULL,

But is there any document desribing how to operate with STRM (configuring via webGUI and so on) other than 20 pages in "Remote Access Protection. Implementation Guide"? I am a novice in STRM world and have no idea how to make head or tail of it.

Highlighted
Management

[ Edited ]
‎12-04-2013 10:12 AM

Sorry m8s for being late 

@wndohw:

the different juniper switches wont count that much during scoping.

STRM & JSA is a flow collector and syslog collector so you can do reporting on these specific events! 

SNMP Monitoring for traffic utilization isn't possible (I do hope you know it)

In regard to the referenced Juniper SRX 3400 Series Firewalls it will be a bit more tricky to scope.

Basic system syslog logging won't be a problem (Admin Access / Changes and so on), but be cautions in regards to traffic logging (every session?) and how it will be done:

Are you going to log these devices (Traffic) by flow (if yes, what will you're sampling rate be)

Are you going to log these devices (Traffic) by syslog?

Make some estimate what's you current situation (How many new connections per second) and how many connection you're going to see after an the upgrade to Juniper SRX 3400 Series Firewall

@benow123: you should find everything at these juniper link: Support Site

I'll answer as soon as possible next time.

Best Regards

NULL

Feedback