Management
Highlighted
Management

Cannot delete devices from NSM

[ Edited ]
‎03-01-2010 11:23 AM

We currently have a problem to where we cannot delete any devices from NSM.  When we go to delete a device, a message pops up briefly, "Loading Storage Manager admin-preferences for domain global..." and then NSM freezes.    Every once in a blue moon we actually succeed in deleting a device, but more often than not NSM just freezes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Management

Re: Cannot delete devices from NSM

‎03-03-2010 04:37 PM

Save yourself hours of troubleshooting and try upgrading your NSM box first.  Version 2010 is out.

Magraw

Highlighted
Management

‎03-03-2010 05:10 PM

Tried that,  We are now on 2010.  Still  cannot delete.  Same problem and error as 2008.

Highlighted
Management

‎03-04-2010 05:07 AM

We also have set up a "test" NSM server running 2010 in a lab enviroment using our "production" database.  Still cannot delete devices from either server. 

Highlighted
Management

‎03-05-2010 04:20 PM

Seems like your database has incorrect references that are causing this issue.

I could suggest 2 things..

1. Perform an export of the database to a text file

2. Reinstall NSM & then import the text file into NSM

http://kb.juniper.net/KB11731 - Has the procedure on the commands used for export/import

Alternate option would be to reach out to JTAC with your db for them to perform this in the lab and see if this issue gets addressed.

Thanks,
Chandra

Highlighted
Management

‎03-08-2010 03:08 AM

Did the import/export.  That is how we recreated in our lab.  In addition we have had a ticket open with JTAC for 3 weeks now and are getting no where fast.  We were hoping that someone had experienced a similar issue and knew the fix.

Highlighted
Management

‎03-12-2010 09:58 AM

We had/still have this issue, per Juniper support it related to NHTB not being correctly removed from the DB upon device deletion.  JTAC advanced TAC was able to remove the problem entries and we were then able to delete the device.  If you have a ticket open and haven't escalated, I would recomend escalating. 

I was told at the time that this issue would be resolved in 2010, but haven't testing it myself yet.  I have 2 devices currently affected by this, I created a devcie group called "can't delete" and moved them there for now.  Really not comfortable with going to 2010 just yet.

Highlighted
Management

‎03-12-2010 10:07 AM

We upgraded our "test" servers to 2010 and exported the production database to it.  Same issues.  I don't think our case can be escalated any further than it is now.  We are just getting no where quick.