Management
Highlighted
Management

Cant't add log collector 17.1 to security director 17.1

‎08-05-2017 11:26 AM

Hello,

I upgraded junos space to 17.1 release.

After upgrade I can't add log collector to security director. I receved this error: "The node you are trying to add is part of another fabric, please delete the node from the other fabric and then add to this fabric."

I also discoverd that there is not running elasticsearch, but I can't start it. I attached screenshot of log.

I have tried several reboots too.

Thank you for attantion. Do you have any ideas ? 

Regards,
Lado

Attachments

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Management

Re: Cant't add log collector 17.1 to security director 17.1

‎12-14-2017 10:35 AM

Problem

Description: I refreshed the Log Space server after I added the Log Collector node. The node failed to get added to Security Director. I see the following message: node is part of another Fabric. What should I do?

Cause

The node is added to another Junos Space server or the Junos Space server where it was added is no longer present.

Solution

You must delete the existing Log Collector node from Security Director > Administration > Logging Management > Logging Nodes before adding another Log Collector node.

1. Log in to the Log Collector node using root credentials and delete the following file: /etc/specialNodeAgent/nodeAdded-<IP>.
  2. Add another Log Collector node to Security Director > Administration > Logging Management > Logging Nodes.