Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Disabling SSL via NSM for Security Issue JSA10624

Posted 04-15-2014 05:20
    Can i get some advice please regarding JSA10624?

If i want to disable SSL on all of my Firewalls via NSM which of the following do I need
    to do...

a) Go to ""Device Admin", select "Web Management" and uncheck the "Enable" SSL box or...

b)Uncheck the SSL box on every firewall interface/sub-interface?

Link here http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=JSA10624&actp=SUBSCRIPTION

• 2.  RE: Disabling SSL via NSM for Security Issue JSA10624
    Best Answer

Posted 04-16-2014 03:04
    a) Go to ""Device Admin", select "Web Management" and uncheck the "Enable" SSL box or...

This option will disable ssl access for the entire firewall.  The ssl mgmt service will no longer be available at all.

You use this option if you don't want ssl available at all on the firewall.

b)Uncheck the SSL box on every firewall interface/sub-interface?

This option controls which interfaces will accept ssl connections.  The ssl mgmt service is running but will only listen for connection on the interfaces that have the ssl box enabled.

Use this option if you want to turn off ssl on the edge interfaces but leave the ssl available to your internal network interfaces.

• 3.  RE: Disabling SSL via NSM for Security Issue JSA10624

Posted 04-17-2014 05:58

Hi Spuluka

This is great. Thanks very much for getting in touch. Appreciated.

Regards

Kevin