Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Error to configure the MAG-UAC as authentication radius server for Junos-Devices

Posted 05-05-2014 04:28
      |   view attached

Dears,

i have configured the IC to be the radius authentication server for all juniper devices [Junos-devices], the EX-SW sends the request to the MAG-UAC device but the UAC returned an authentication error message after appearing a message of "Requested authentication protocol may not be available".

the current setting i have:

- a realm with Local-DB -- assigned with a role that returning a radius attribute [Juniper-Local-User-Name] with the name of the defined login user name on the EX-SW. a sign in policy */ is assigned to my configured realm and the authentication protocol set is attached as a snapshot.

i don't have good experience with the authentication protocols that should be defined. so i need your suggestions about this part to check if it will solve the problem.

Regards.

A.H

• 2.  RE: Error to configure the MAG-UAC as authentication radius server for Junos-Devices
    Best Answer

Posted 05-05-2014 04:41

Hello Ahmad

From the screnshot attached by you, there is no PAP protocol allowed.

You need to edit Radius-Login under Authentication-Protocol section push PAP to right side and submit the configuration.

You would receive a warning during submit, you could safely ignore it.

Regards,

Raveen

• 3.  RE: Error to configure the MAG-UAC as authentication radius server for Junos-Devices

Posted 05-05-2014 05:21

Many thanks Raveen. it works after adding the PAP protocol.

regards,

A.H

• 4.  RE: Error to configure the MAG-UAC as authentication radius server for Junos-Devices

Posted 05-05-2014 05:24

Wonderful, glad to know that your issue is resolved!

Regards,

Raveen

• 5.  RE: Error to configure the MAG-UAC as authentication radius server for Junos-Devices

Posted 06-22-2015 11:51

Do you have a a link for configuring the radius authentication on the UAC for switches?

Thanks,

Demar