Management
Highlighted
Management

Error to configure the MAG-UAC as authentication radius server for Junos-Devices

‎05-05-2014 04:28 AM

Dears,

i have configured the IC to be the radius authentication server for all juniper devices [Junos-devices], the EX-SW sends the request to the MAG-UAC device but the UAC returned an authentication error message after appearing a message of "Requested authentication protocol may not be available".

the current setting i have:

- a realm with Local-DB -- assigned with a role that returning a radius attribute [Juniper-Local-User-Name] with the name of the defined login user name on the EX-SW. a sign in policy */ is assigned to my configured realm and the authentication protocol set is attached as a snapshot.

i don't have good experience with the authentication protocols that should be defined. so i need your suggestions about this part to check if it will solve the problem.

Regards.

A.H

Attachments

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Management
Solution
Accepted by topic author ahmad.hasan
‎08-26-2015 01:27 AM

Re: Error to configure the MAG-UAC as authentication radius server for Junos-Devices

‎05-05-2014 04:41 AM

Hello Ahmad

From the screnshot attached by you, there is no PAP protocol allowed.

You need to edit Radius-Login under Authentication-Protocol section push PAP to right side and submit the configuration.

You would receive a warning during submit, you could safely ignore it.

Regards,

Raveen

Note: If this answers your question, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it helps others as well. Kudos will be cool if I earned it!
Highlighted
Management

Re: Error to configure the MAG-UAC as authentication radius server for Junos-Devices

‎05-05-2014 05:20 AM

Many thanks Raveen. it works after adding the PAP protocol.

regards,

A.H

Highlighted
Management

‎05-05-2014 05:24 AM

Wonderful, glad to know that your issue is resolved!

Regards,

Raveen

Note: If this answers your question, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it helps others as well. Kudos will be cool if I earned it!
Highlighted
Management

‎06-22-2015 11:50 AM

Do you have a a link for configuring the radius authentication on the UAC for switches?

Thanks,

Demar

Feedback