Management
Management

Juniper needs to hire additional tech writers.

‎10-27-2016 12:33 PM

I'm trying to do something in Junos Space using configlets and the current time.  Unfotunately, the users guide appears to have been written by the same person that ported Apache VTL to Junos Space. In other words, someone who knows and understands everything about VTL and only uses the users guide as an aide-memoire.   What I'm looking for is more of a "commands reference" that lists all (notjust some, not just popular, not just the first 10, all) of the commands, the options they take (and what those options mean, which-if-any are exclusive and-or required) and what you should get back (if anything, and its format) and what happens (a result is returned, multiple results are returned, the port is deactivated/disabled/deleted/etc.)

Also, if you're going to base a Junos system (or subsystem) off of an application like Apache VTL version 1.4, you might want to host the documenation locally rather than relying on Apache.org keeping a long-outdated version online and at the same address (which they aren't.)

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
3 REPLIES 3
Management

Re: Juniper needs to hire additional tech writers.

‎10-29-2016 08:57 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Junos Space docs, Theodore. I am including the manager of our Junos Space information development team, Fawn Damitio @fawn, for her review and comment.

Best regards,

Sarah

Management

‎11-04-2016 11:52 AM

Hi Theodore,

I am working with the Junos Space writing team on this. We will have a more detailed response soon. In the meantime, if you have any additional feedback feel free to email me directly at fdamitio@juniper.net. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback our documentation.

Fawn Damitio

Senior iLX Manager, Cloud Services and Network Management

Senior Manager Juniper iX
Management

‎12-23-2016 06:02 AM
There are several places in the guides where cli commands have had their hyphens replaced by em dash
Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)