Management
Highlighted
Management

Junos Space Licence Questions

‎02-17-2013 02:27 AM

Hello Team,

I´ve got some questions related to Junos Space. Hopfully you can help me to understand this better oder to find documents describing this.

1) Whats the Difference between Subscription Licensing and Perpetual Licensing ?

Is this complementary or exclusual ?

2) Whats whith Updates/Upgrades ? (e.g. Space 12.3 to 12.4 or 13.1). Is there another service covering that or is this

included ? Is there any difference between Subscription Licensing and Perpetual Licensing related to

Space Software Upgrades ?

3) Whats a device count ? Especially if I´ve got EX Virtual-Chassis or SRX-Cluster ? 

Counts the whole VC as a device or each VC Member ?

thx for each answer and

best regards

Alfred

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Management

Re: Junos Space Licence Questions

‎02-19-2013 06:21 PM

Subscription is just as it sounds, you subscribe for a certain period of time(1,2,3 yrs). Support is bundled into that subscription so you get the upgrades/updates. Perpetual is just the opposite, you buy that license and you own it. Support is an additional piece that you will have to continue to renew to get the updates/upgrades.

As for the device count, everything I have read has pointed to EACH memeber of the VC needs to be counted as a device. Not one license for the whole stack.

Highlighted
Management

‎03-07-2013 03:21 AM

Necro'ing this thread.

0) Licensing just changed. The whole "perpetual vs. annual" option is gone. Standard and Advanced are gone. This is actually a good thing. Juniper took the opportunity to drop licensing prices while they went back to an a la carte model.

2) Software updates are part of your annual maintenance. You'd have maintenance on your "platform", and then on each application that you run on that platform.

3) Each physical device is a device. An SRX cluster counts as two devices. A VC stack of 10 counts as 10 devices. This is actually better than NSM: NSM counted a firewall cluster as three devices.

Highlighted
Management

‎08-26-2014 02:36 AM

how to count Juniper SRX Cluster with LSYS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feedback