Management
Highlighted
Management

Junos Space Request commands

‎04-05-2013 01:38 PM

Is there a way to execute "request" commands on multiple devices using Junos Space?

I am thinking of such things as "request system storage cleanup" and "request system snapshot" ?

I can't find a way to do this using Junos Space 12.3.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Management

Re: Junos Space Request commands

‎04-06-2013 02:16 AM

You can check the configuration settings of one or more devices from Junos Space using Looking Glass. It enables you to execute show commands across multiple devices to compare the configuration and runtime information.

Please refer the following link for more details.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos-space12.2/platform/topics/task/operational/platform-look...

Highlighted
Management

‎04-08-2013 07:25 AM

Unfortunately "Looking Glass" has a pre-defined list of commands and only allows input of "show" commands, not "request" actions.  This seems like a pretty big gap in Space capabilities, especially when comapared to Expect-like tools that just allow execution of any command.

Highlighted
Management

‎04-11-2013 09:18 PM

This is possible via the REST APIs that Junos Space exposes. You can invoke these APIs from a scripting language of your choice.If you want to explore this option, I can provide you more details. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Roshan

Highlighted
Management

‎05-30-2019 09:17 AM

Hi Roshan,

Could you please provide the REST API document for request command?

Regards,

Soubhik

Highlighted
Management

‎06-19-2019 02:47 AM

Firstly, Junos Space 12.3 is an old version of Junos Space.  I would seriously think about installation of a later release of Junos Space (I'm not even sure if there is an upgrade path still available to get from 12.3 to a more recent release).

As has been mentioned already, there are REST API's available in Junos Space that permit execution of commands against one or more devices (although I'm not that sure of the capabilities of Junos Space 12.3 since it is a very very long time since I last worked on that release of software).

Later releases of Junos Space 13.x onwards IIRC, introduced the ability to execute SLAX scripts locally within Junos Space.   This approach permitted SLAX scripts to be written that could communicate both directly with selected devices or directly with the Junos Space API to go and do stuff.   What was also quite neat was that SLAX scripts could be promoted to become menu items actually within Junos Space, so from a user perspective they were just selecting a menu item that in turn behind the scenes was triggering a SLAX script to go an do a lot more complex steps etc.

There are quite a few folks myself included that have written SLAX scripts to add new functionality into Junos Space to perform additional tasks etc., feel free to shout if you need some additional assistance/guidance etc.

Regards