Management
Management

Moving proNX Service Manager off premise into the cloud

‎05-01-2019 05:22 AM

Hi.  My company is currently using proNX Service Manager installed on-premise.  We are looking to possibly move some of our infrastructure to the cloud.  My management has asked me to find out what I can about moving proNX Service Manager off premise into the cloud. Can anyone tell me (a) if this is possible, and (b) what is involved.  Any links to documentation specifically supporting the migration of proNX Service Manager to the cloud would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Dave V

Peraton

2 REPLIES 2
Management

Re: Moving proNX Service Manager off premise into the cloud

‎05-01-2019 11:27 PM

To my knowledge the ProNX Service Manager does not have any cloud offering or roadmap for this. You could though spin up a virtual machine running CentOS in your cloud enviroment matching the hardware requirements listed on https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/bti-series/psm7.8/topics/reference/general/r-sm-ig-serve... and give it a try - I will expect it to work but not something officially supported.

As you can see from the hardware requirements, these are only listed for a physical server - not even VMware or KVM is mentioned. On top if you are in need of a management system for an optical network, you should have room and capabilities to run it on-premise :-) That's at least my oppinion.

--
Best regards,

Jonas Hauge Klingenberg
Systems Engineer, SEC DATACOM A/S (Denmark)
Management

Re: Moving proNX Service Manager off premise into the cloud

‎05-23-2019 09:57 AM

Hi all -

Moving this thread to the Management Discussion Forum ... for better visibility!

Jeremiah
J-Net Community Manager