Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  NSM client freezes on 'update device'

Posted 01-28-2011 08:25

This is a rather strange issue that we are currently trying to pinpoint...

I am connecting to an NSM 2010.3 server with a Windows XP SP 2 machine

This client worked fine until yesterday when out of nowhere it ceased to function correctly

I am able to connect and load into the NSM fine. When I attempt to update a device from the tool bar "Devices>Configuration>Update Device Config" (or a delta config summary) the program becomes greyed out and I can no longer click in it. The subsequent menus do not appear. Visting the windows task manager shows the program to be in a "Running" state still.

I have tried installing the client on a clean workstation upon which the same issues persist.

I have tried uninstalling, deleting .nsm and reinstalling on the original workstation.

To complicate the issue my coworker is able to logon using his workstation without error.

What to check?

• 2.  RE: NSM client freezes on 'update device'

Posted 01-28-2011 08:43

interesting development, you can run delta config (and i will assume 'update device') from the Device Manager>Devices list

I am attributing this to Microsoft Windows security patches, going to test the hypothesis in a minute

• 3.  RE: NSM client freezes on 'update device'
    Best Answer

Posted 01-28-2011 09:59

ok... grr

NSM is working now. It was a simple issue of NSM opening the subsequent menus off screen

a simple "alt + spacebar" > "move" allowed me to move the off screen menu with the arrow keys on the keyboard.

#doh