Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  NSM2010.1: re-import srx 240 fails

Posted 07-01-2010 07:19

Hi,

Has anybody have experienced this error while re-importing a srx device (device -> import config):

Error Code:

Error Text:
       Fail to get the connection state from the device - Object Not Found

Error Details:
        No Details Available.

I cannot see errors in deviceDaemon log.

Update device still works

config delta still works

logs still arrive on nsm

srx version is 10.0R3.10.

Tnx

Bart

• 2.  RE: NSM2010.1: re-import srx 240 fails
    Best Answer

Posted 07-06-2010 01:47

Should somebody care, I applied the latest schema (I need this for SA7), Gui & Device server restarted, and i could reimport the srx again..

I found an annoying issue on nsm installed on WIN2K8, apparently the schema download does not complete with a non-administrator account, causing the device list to appear empty.

I logged in with Administrator, started NSM, schema was updated and devices appeared again.

I copied the file from c:\users\Administrator\.nsm\schemas-nsm\<version>\nsm.schema.bin to c:\users\<user>\.nsm\schemas-nsm\<version>\nsm.schema.bin and then the device list was displaying correctly!

Cheers

• 3.  RE: NSM2010.1: re-import srx 240 fails

Posted 04-25-2012 00:32

Hi Bart,

In this case, if you are facing issue like failt to get connection state from the device - Object not found ,

you need to check the status of the devSvr 

/etc/init.d/devSvr status

Most probably u'll see deviceDirectiveHandler process in not ON.

after that u need to remove the large backup files from the /var directory i.e, creating enough space in /var directory

after that you need to reboot the NSM appliance.

hope this would solve your problem

Regards,

Dilmani