Security

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.

NSMXpress 2008.2r1 No devSVR.cfg RSA keys

• 1.  NSMXpress 2008.2r1 No devSVR.cfg RSA keys

Posted 02-05-2009 12:10

Hello,

I just got a new NSM appliance and upgraded it from 2007.3r1 to 2008.2r1 and have it taking to the Windows UI piece.  However, the windows UI reports the Device Server as down while the server reports it as up (/etc/init.d/devSvr status returns all OK).   I've done a lot of reading about deleting the RSA keys from devSrv.cfg or using the .xdbViewEdit.sh script to fix mismatched keys.  However, in our case the /var/netscreen/DevSvr/errorLog/device.Daemon.0 file I have line after line of:

[Error] [1123680-soCfgFile.c:142]  "ourRsaPrivateKey" is missing in /use/netscreen/DevSvr/var/devSvr.cfg!

I've got no keys to delete anywhere.  Most of the things I've read imply that deleting the keys causes new keys to be generated, but that doesn't seem to work.  I've put in a blank value with the ourRsaPrivateKey line in the cfg file, restarted the devSvr, rebooted the box, etc, etc and it won'r generate keys.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.