Management
Highlighted
Management

STRM Dashboard and search result

‎05-21-2014 01:12 AM

Hi, 

We have STRM v2013.2.r3 Build 615469 (7.1.0.615469) and we have questions regarding the dashboard and search as below:

1. The content that appears on the Dashboard is user-specific. Is it possible to create a dashboard which can be seen by anyone? and how to create a public default dashboard?

2. When enabled DNS Lookups for Host Identity, host information is available using the right-mouse button (right-click) on any IP address in the interface. Is it possible to display the host name by default in a search? 

Regards,

R.W

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Management

Re: STRM Dashboard and search result

[ Edited ]
‎05-21-2014 09:37 PM

1. I am myself still running v2012 and sharing the dashboard is not possible and what I've read from 2013 release notes same goes there. I know you can import/export stuff in the new version but I doubt it includes personal dashboard. But check it out. If it works it will be faster than recreating dashboards.

2. I dont think is possible either and I can see it would quickly become a great performance issue. But I do find "identitity host", "source hostname (custom)" and "destination hostname (custom)" in the column definition under search options but for me they do not work. I only get N/A even dns lookup for IP works and even asset reports the hostname correctly. Check it out!

If you are satisfied with the answer, please click "Accepted as Solution". Kudos also welcome!

Regards,
Tero S
Feedback