I cant seem to factory reset my STRM unit. I forgot the root password and now I seem euchred.
I have tried the following
1. Factory re-install options from boot loader
- These result in a Cant find 700/ks.cfg_ bootstart file and then it forces you to point to one
2. Root password reset http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB12060
- This method MAY have worked in the past but in version 2010 the bootloader does not accept any of these commands
and does not even behave the same way.
3. Recovery mode on the current image
- Prompts me for a Maintance root password - Which I also dont have
I am out of ideas, is there no way to erease the root password?
Go to Solution.
I don't know STRM ... but if is there (as is in KB12060 shown) linux and grub, then you can use single mode and change root password by this way?
I just got off the phone with ATAC. in 2010.0 there is no way to reset the root password. You have to re-image the box with the USB key available only through Juniper.
© 1999 - 2019 Juniper Networks, Inc.
All rights reserved